Arro: A marketing platform for schools and MATs
Arro is a software package that assists schools in the UK with marketing and fund generation. It includes tools to find grants, create marketing campaigns, create fundraising websites, and more.
I have worked on Arro as a full stack developer since June 2016. The backend uses Django and the frontend uses a React/Redux/React Router stack with legacy components written in Marionette. It has historically used SaltStack for deployment onto a dedicated server, but as of January 2018 is using Kubernetes on AWS.
My work on it includes:
- A custom notifications server for triggering and delivering messages between our systems
- An email campaign system that features: automatically populated templates that can be added by staff without deployment; live email preview as you type; audience segmentation and address validation; integration with MailChimp that provides open/click rates
- A service that generates a website for schools to market their services and lettings
- A major overhaul that involved a new UI, a move from multiple to single page design, and a complete rewrite of the frontend code
- Pitching and implementing a port from Marionette to React/Redux
- Upgrading the code base from Python 2 to Python 3, and from Django 1.x to Django 2.0